Monday, August 9, 2010

Awesome Sundays with family, BBQ, and of course some gaming.

Well, yesterday I truly remembered what it was like to host a few people, have some great food and some good times. I used to love Love LOVE hosting people and having little get togethers. In the past couple of years I haven't been able to do it as much as I would like. My apartment was about the size of a matchbox and with life really kicking into gear for a lot of our family and friends the past little while, none of us have really been able to put together anything in the sorts of a "party".

So yesterday, that changed a little. My wife's mother and step father were in town with her nephew, so I got the grand scheme in my head to have her grandmother, and my available family in town over all at once. Fire up the BBQ, do something creative with food and have a few drinks. I had the usuals, with hamburgers (nicely homemade by myself and Steph) hot dogs (nicely store bought at Sobeys!) and the salads brought by the nans and moms. As well, I did my very first BEER CAN CHICKEN. Oh baby, was it ever good. The day was a great success.

During some downtime on Sunday I also managed to sneak in some gaming with a rare cheap gem, Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper. A neat little procedural game with lots of fun puzzles and a very simple interface, it's definately a great game for anyone who enjoys thinking about what they are doing in a game rather than just blowing up bad guys.

Anyway, hungry. Got soem great leftovers from Sunday, so I'll shorten this post. Here's to the next event (hopefully soon!) and I'll see you back here soon.

C

No comments:

Post a Comment