Monday, August 23, 2010

Bionic Commando: Rearmed.. a finely crafted puzzle?


This past weekend I decided to start playing an Xbox Live title, Bionic Commando: Rearmed. It's a redux of a classic NES title by Capcom. Now, when I was younger,my brother and I played this title to death (we got a lend of it off a friend of his, if I do recall) and I was truly hoping that this re-imagining of the title would not only bring back wistful memories of my youth, but also give me some bang for my buck! (I DID get it on special for 400 points, about 5 bucks)

This not being an official review but more a recommendation, I won't get into any real specifics of the game beyond saying it's a well hidden yet interesting puzzle game! Yes people, it really is. There are run and gun elements, but this is about a guy who has to climb up, but he cannot jump. Yep, you heard me. He does not jump. The game uses a Bionic Arm mechanic that allows you to swing, and this is what brings the element of puzzling to the game. How does one get to that ledge just to the upper right? Why, swinging back, pulling yourself up, swinging over a pit to land on it of course. There's lots of little challenge rooms that puts this mechanic to the test. It can get a little frustrating, but certainly is worth the effort in the end.

Check this game out if you do want some nostalgia, some puzzling, and some well laid out run and gun sequences. It's back up to 800 points (10 bucks) and you CAN get it on Playstation Network for around the same price.

Bionic Commando Rearmed Homepage


C

No comments:

Post a Comment