Friday, August 27, 2010

Oh baby, I forgot how much I loved movies.


It's about 3 am on a Saturday morning/Friday night. I'm just about to go to bed. I should have donee so, oh maybe, 2 hours ago, but I decided to give Steph another 15 minutes to finish watching what she was watching (Japanese Television shows... hrm.:S) and lie down on the couch and channel surf. There were a few interesting movies on, mostly halfway through. THe Crow: City of Angels (meh, not bad), Faceoff with Travolta and Nic Cage (Better meh, but still meh) and then I for some reason flip to the Family Channel and "The Rookie" with Dennis Quaid was on. It's a story about a guy who, in his mid 30's, makes a comeback as a major league baseball player.

It's late, so I'll do my patented "Keep it short" bit. This movie reminded me why I love movies so much. Yes, it was predictable. Yes, is was fluff. But also yes, to the tenth degree, it was heartwarming and entertaining. It made me feel something. I was happy when the nice parts of the movie were on. I was worried when the not so nice parts were on. I wanted to cheer when Jim Morris (Quaid) threw strike 3 in the fairy tale ending was happening. I had a lump in my throat when he made up with his dad. I felt something. It's movies that can do this for you, for anyone, if you let them.

There are so many movies in this world that are good, bad, or indifferent. See one, see them all. It doesn't matter. Let them be for you what they are for me. Motivational, and inspiring.

Thank you and good night. :)

C

No comments:

Post a Comment