Saturday, April 9, 2011

St. John's Store Recommendation #1: Netherworld

There are a few places I can shop around for Geek Things, but to be honest with you, most of the places I would go to are really just places where people work for their $10 per hour and don't really care about what satisfaction I really get from what I buy. Take for example, EB Games. I wrote a post about poor customer service from EB a few weeks back here. Most of who work for EB Games in this town are really there for a job and nothing else. From Manager down to standard sales associate, lethargy is the prevailant attitude to their jobs in most cases. It's just too bad that they really are the go-to store for new release titles and great specials.

But in the  doors of Netherworld, you get someone for whom I am painfully jealous of.

Go by their storeat 198A Freshwater Road, or call them at (709) 754-4017 and you get this fellow. He's a little squirrelly, but man, does he not only know his stuff, he's living the dream. He's a geek, and he's up to his eyeballs in geek stuff that supports his lifestyles nicely and keeps him comfortable. I don't know his name, but I know his face and man, there are days when things go wrong at work that I truly wish I was him.

Netherworld carries a number of fun collectibles for the geek of all ages. Video Games new and old (all used, nothing new in stock), Hockey Cards, Collectible Card Games (CCG's), Comics, Action Figures, Figurines, board games, movies, you name it, he likely has some of it there. It's only a small little place, my basement rec room is actually bigger than his shop. It's almost overwhelming when you go in. He'll greet you with a smile and really talk to you about what you want, and even point you in the direction of how to get it if you can't find it amongst his wares.

Today I stopped by and picked up a $10 game, and we got to talking about the PSP system in general, and we talked about where to find the best, hard to find gear, great deals on games all around the city, and where to find things online. I never knew that PSP games weren't region coded, so I could get a Japanese or European game and still play it on my system. Marvelous!

If you are looking for geek things, before you go to Time Masters, before you go to Downtown Comics or EB Games or Microplay, check out Netherworld Collectibles. You'll never want to go anywhere else.

C

2 comments:

  1. I'd like to think I do what I can ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you DO know that you are right up there on my list of fav's as well!!!! I'm tryin' ta help out the little guy here! :)

    ReplyDelete